melissajanda nominated me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Melissa is a mom, wife, writer and an all-round interesting blogger. Her subjects pretty much cover a number of areas concerning the writing craft. I want to thank her for the nomination and I will do my best to evolve into something resembling sweet. I think the last time anyone referred to me as sweet was when I was waiting table in a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale Florida while in college. I came into the dining room with a tray piled high with about six entrees. I tripped over my own shoelace and fell flat on my back and landing while more or less, preserving the entrees. My co-worker who was serving water at a table close by let out a whistle and the word “sweet.” I assumed he was referring to my heroic act of preserving the entrees. This is the same context that caused me to choose my nominees. It is not that their blogs are super sweet, it’s that the content usually has elements that cause one to think and wonder about the subjects raised. Sweet.
To accept this award I must follow certain things laid out by the Super Sweet governance committee.
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you. (Thank you Melissa)
- Answer five Super Sweet questions. (see below)
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in your blog post. (Done. It doesn’t go with my décor but there it is)
- Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other bloggers. (see below)
- Notify your nominees on their blog.(Did)
The 5 Super Sweet Questions:
- Cookies or Cake? I have found cookies to be my favorite. I freeze the dough and then bake a few at a time for a fresh supply
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate is one of my food groups
- Favorite Sweet Treat? Snickers candy bar. These have been declared by my family as addictive substances and banned from the house. I guess they think I can’t handle them. I can give up Snickers anytime I want. I choose to eat Snickers from the fridge. (I keep them behind the buttermilk. No one drinks the buttermilk)
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When everyone is talking about sprouts and salad
- Sweet Nick Name? Hey you; as in “hey you, get away from that Snickers bar.”
The Bakers Dozen (13) Nominees: Please visit them
KatrinaPerkins who nominated me for the Word Press Family Award. It is an award already presented. She is worth the visit since she will be a well-known actress someday. If you treat her right, she may even give you a call out when she picks up her Oscar for Best Actress in a drama. Of course, this will be a screen adaptation of one of my books and since I already know you I will give you a call out when I pick up my Oscar for Best Screenplay. Don’t say I did not warn you. Now is the time to introduce yourself, not when she is making gazillions in movies.