Yes it is true, I have been nominated by the kingfisher of all kingfisher’s in the blogging world for my second Liebster Award. I am speaking of non-other than..wait for it…Seumas Gallacher. If you have never visited his blog you must do so today. You see, he has this wonderful way of telling a story (he is a Scot and all Scots take the time to learn to tell a story). He was born in Glasgow but has lived in the Middle East for the last 33 years, He is the author of two knock out Jack Calder intrigue novels: THE VIOLIN MAN’S LEGACY and VENGEANCE WEARS BLACK both are available on Amazon. He is currently working on another; SAVAGE PAYBACK which will be out..well…when he is finished. Seumas is also the founding father of The Backscratchers Union (#TBSU on Twitter). This is a way to recognize those bloggers who you truly enjoy. On his blog Seumas publishes a number of blogs with a follow recommendation. In short he is a good man to know. Thank you Mr. Gallacher for nominating me.
The rules of the award:
- List eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven other bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Notify these bloggers
- Ask eleven questions that the bloggers must answer upon accepting the Liebster Awar
- Answer the eleven questions that you were asked when you were nominated
So here we go:
Eleven random facts about myself
- I love lemon curd especially at high tea
- The best high tea I ever had was at the Koele Lodge on Lanai
- I am restoring a 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser and today I got the wipers working
- With the wipers working I can now pass the State safety inspection
- The diagnosis of the wiper problem took two weeks and went from a potential cost of $285 (First opinion) for a new motor to zero (my opinion) because of the innate intelligence of my mechanic (me)
- In addition I personally fixed the headlights, tail lights, running lights, stop lights, back-up lights, radio, clutch master cylinder and all grounds (don’t ask)
- I was not allowed to enroll in auto shop in high school since my mom thought the college prep course of study was more meaningful
- Had I enrolled in auto shop I would be using those skills now instead of the deep understanding that I have of Statistical Analysis which is lying idle
- I wear latex gloves to keep the grease out from under my fingernails
- My wife hates when I have grease under my fingernails
- I love margaritas and have a great recipe
My eleven Nominees (I could have listed about 200 here, but short of taking the easy way out and making an omnibus award; I am doing the Sophie’s choice thing. Everyone else has my choice in the heart)
- Punky Coletta
- Charlotte Hoather
- Dom DiFrancesco
- Julian Froment
- Katie Sullivan
Questions from Seumas Gallacher
1. What was the funniest movie you have seen? It becomes a matter of time I suppose but I have to say the funniest to me was; The Gods Must be Crazy.
2.What’s your earliest memory? My earliest memory was not a good one, I fell down the stairs when I was three and broke my hip. I had to stay in the hospital for what seemed like forever.
3. What was your favourite school subject? If you mean favorite (I love to tease the British Islanders) it was geometry.
4. Have you EVER had a need to use algebra away from a school environment? (No, seriously!) I used to use algebra almost every day when I was working in business.
5. Do you understand modern art (or even know if it’s hanging the right way up?) I was married to an art history major once and I must confess I like art, but don’t want to hear about it let alone understand it. If it looks good to me I am in.BTW she took all the good art with her.
6. Most enjoyable book? Has to be Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut.
7. Ever spent money to buy something you really wanted, although you could hardly afford it at the time? I bought a pair of Ferragamos loafers (that I still have) for $500. This was my whole take home pay for a month.
8. Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain? I was at a wedding under a tent on the shore of Lake Michigan one summer and it started to rain. I had been over served with Champaign and caviar and continued to dance even though the tent had blown down. Had the Champaign not run out I would still be dancing there.
9. What country would you like to visit that you have not yet been to? I think I would like to go to one of the South American countries like Ecuador.
10. What makes you grumpy? When my espresso maker needs to be descaled. (You must admit if this is the only thing, I have it pretty good)
11. What’s your ‘Go To’ switch to make you feel better on a gray day? I always have my writing. I can instantly forget every trouble while I am at the keyboard. For example; right now my Boxer is lying on my foot and both she and the foot are fast asleep. I don’t care because I am answering these questions. (Oh no the questions have ended) Lucy get up!
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you want to be rich and famous?
- If yes why and if no why?
- What is the most important day of the week for you?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- How long did it take you to feel good about writing?
- What is your favorite time of day
- Who do you depend upon?
- Has anyone ever let you down?
- Where on Earth do you think is closest to heaven?
- What was the most valuable advice anyone ever gave you?
- What is the most indulgent gift you ever received or given
Thank you all. Have a great weekend