Jan Sikes has an exciting new book and a new publisher. Here she is to tell you about her book. Welcome, Jan.
Hi, John! Thank you so much for opening your awesome blog site to me to help spread the word about my new book, Ghostly Interference! Your generosity is much appreciated!
Today, I’m going to share some fun facts about myself that you may or may not know.
10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- I am a fanatical player of word games – all kinds, board games, apps, or TV game shows – I love words. My favorite app is Words With Friends! I’ve played it since 2014. Come join me!
- Favorite Color – This is a hard one, because it changes, but generally any shade of Teal.
- Coffee or Tea – Coffee! I love a good cold glass of tea on a hot summer day, but coffee year-round. I wrote a song one time called, “You Pour My Coffee And I’ll Pour Your Tea.”
- Pie or Cake – That’s a hard one too because I love them both. But, pie or cobbler would most always win out over cake, especially warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.
- eBook or Paperback – I read mostly on my Kindle these days, but dearly love holding a paper copy in my hands. I love the way it feels and the way the pages smell.
- Water, soda, or juice – WATER! All-day every day!
- Favorite Holiday – Definitely Christmas. Once I had grandchildren, it became super important. I love watching their smiles and excitement around Christmas!
- Least Favorite Holiday – Fourth of July. Not only is it always blazing hot, but I am NOT a fan of fireworks, and it goes way back to my childhood. I tend to hide indoors on this holiday.
- Favorite Genre of Music – If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I’ve been heavily involved in the Texas music scene for many years. What you may not know is that I am a huge fan of the blues. When you hear the term, “Texas Music,” you automatically think, country, and while that is true to an extent, there is an awesome Texas Blues scene! Just think of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I also love classic country. The modern-day country does nothing for me at all. I suppose that shows my age.
- If you were exiled on a deserted island and could only take three things, what would they be? First and foremost, writing materials. I’d much prefer to take my computer, but without electricity, it wouldn’t last long. Secondly, I’d want to take a stack of books by my favorite authors. I mostly read on my Kindle, but again, without electricity, it wouldn’t last long. Third, a water purifier.
And just for fun, I’ll throw in one more. I love insane amounts of butter on hot cornbread or pancakes. 🙂
I’m curious. Did any of my answers surprise you? If so, which ones?
Jag Peters has one goal in his quiet, comfortable life—to keep his karma slate wiped clean. A near-miss crash with a candy apple red Harley threatens to upend his safe world. He tracks down the rider to apologize properly. Slipping into a seedy biker bar, he discovers the rider isn’t a “he”, it’s a “she”, a dark-haired beauty.
Rena Jett is a troubled soul, who lives in a rough world. She wants no part of Jag’s apology, but even while she pushes him away, she is attracted to him. When he claims to see a ghost—her brother—can she trust him? And could her brother’s final gift, a magical rune stone with the symbol for “happily ever after,” have the power to heal her wounds and allow opposites to find common ground—perhaps even love?
BOOK TRAILER LINK: https://youtu.be/NHaLVSe_flI
BOOK PURCHASE LINKS:
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00CS9K8DK (Author Page)