Announcing the Launch of Circumstances of Childhood by John W. Howell

Circumstances of Childhood.

By John W. Howell

Click for Amazon Kindle

Shipping on October 1st. Priced at $0.99 for the introduction.

This is a different story for John. It is in the Family Life genre and tells the story of brotherly love, riches to rags, redemption and a little paranormal thrown in. Normally John writes thrillers but this time he has stepped into a different place. This book was written with love for the story and the hope it will be an enjoyable read.

Here is the blurb:

When a former pro football star and broadcaster, now a Wall Street maven is accused of insider trading, will he be able to prove his innocence and expose those who are guilty?

Greg and his boyhood pal dreamed of big success in professional football and then later in business. Greg was the only one to live the dream. Now the founder of an investment fund Greg is faced with a routine audit finding by the SEC. The audit points to irregularities and all the tracks lead to Greg. The justice department hits him with an indictment of 23 counts of fraud, money laundering, and insider trading. His firm goes bust, and Greg is on his own.

His best friend knows he is innocent but has been ordered under penalty of eternal damnation not to help.

If you enjoy stories of inspiration, riches to rags, redemption, brotherly love, and a little of the paranormal, Circumstance of Childhood will keep you riveted.

Here is an excerpt.

I look down at my drink and wonder what will happen tomorrow. My daughter Constance wants to come and visit. She lives in New York, and before all hell broke loose, we didn’t see each other often. I missed her so much, and it seemed as if I had to beg her even to talk on the phone. Now, it’s like she wants to be here every weekend. It’s only an hour’s flight by the shuttle or three by train, so she can come when she wants. I just can’t figure out why she got so clingy. I have my troubles, but it doesn’t have anything to do with her. No use in asking her husband either. Though a nice enough guy, I always wonder if he has someplace important to go when I visit. He never sits still and stays busy on the phone or at the computer. He makes a good living, but it seems a person could take an hour to sit and talk. I’d looked forward to some kind of relationship when he and Constance got married. It’ll never happen with him.

When I take another pull at my drink, I notice the burn feels less. It happens every time. First sip initiation, I call it. It’s like the first puff of a cigarette, hits hard then, after, nothing. I decide to let Constance pretty much have the agenda tomorrow. She and I have not had a chance to talk about anything deep for a while. It could just be that she blames me for her mother running off with that guy with the house on the Hudson. He has a title, and the old gal couldn’t resist, but I think the daughter always felt I should have done something. Her mother’s sleeping with another guy and what the hell can I do about that?

I’ll just go with the flow. If she wants to go out, we will. If she wants to stay in, we can do that too. I better think about getting some food in the house. Of course, we can always order take out. I need to move on to my drink and let this go. Tomorrow will be what it is. I remember the day she was born. I looked down at her in my arms and promised I would do anything for her. I love her more than life itself, and I hope we can somehow get to the root of whatever’s wrong. She sounded strange on the phone this morning, and I feel helpless to do anything about it. I hope she opens up when she gets here.

For some reason, I feel tired. Perhaps I’ll go ahead and finish my drink. Maybe I’ll just go home and forget the burger. First, though, I’ll just shut my eyes for a minute. My hands feel good when I put my head down.

“Hey, Greg,” Jerry says. I barely hear him. “What’s the matter? You taking a nap? Greg?” I can feel him shake me, but I have no interest in waking up. His voice gets further away, and I think he says, “Oh, my God, Sophie, call 911, quick.” Now the room goes silent.

Author Bio.

John's Bio

John began his writing as a full-time occupation after an extensive business career. His specialty is thriller fiction novels, but John also writes poetry and short stories.  His first book, My GRL, introduces the exciting adventures of the book’s central character, John J. Cannon. The second Cannon novel, His Revenge, continues the adventure, while the final book in the trilogy, Our Justice, launched in September 2016. The latest Circumstances of Childhood a family life story is available as of October 1st, 2017. All books are available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions.

John lives in Port Aransas, Texas with his wife and their spoiled rescue pets.

John’s other books.

My Girl front His Revenge Our Justice

Available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/author/johnwhowell

102 comments

1. Thank you for the reblog, Charles.

1. This looks great! Do you mind if I feature Circumstances on my blog on Tuesday?

1. I would love that. Let me know what you need. Thanks, Phil.

1. I was just going to post the cover, the blurb and a picture of you and add links to Amazon and your blog. Is that ok?

2. Sounds terrific. Thanks.

2. Congratulations, John! I’m really looking forward to reading Circumstances of Childhood. I’ll see you on my blog this Friday.

3. Congratulations on the new release, John! If you’d like a spotlight, let me know!

1. I would love a spotlight. What should I do?

1. I’ll send you an email on Monday and then we’ll schedule it. 🙂

4. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    For all fans of John W. Howell and his writing.. the welcome news of his latest book.. Available from tomorrow.. Circumstances of Childhood.. head over and read the blurb and an extract… #recommended.

5. Oh, it sounds good!

1. Thanks, Luanne. 🙂

6. Reblogged this on Musings on Life & Experience and commented:
    John W. Howell’s new book.

1. Thank you, Suzanne. 😀

7. Reblogged this on Linda G. Hill and commented:
    Sounds like a really great book! Congratulations on the new release, John!

1. Thank you, Linda. The reblog is appreciated.

1. You’re most welcome, John. 😀

1. Thank you so much, Chris.

8. Whoohoo! Crack the champagne bottle (okay, so don’t do that — I want to drink the champagne).
    Under extraordinary circumstances. Getting my copy now. Hugs on the wing.

1. Thank you, Teagan.

1. Thank you, Sue. So nice.

9. Gwen Plano · · Reply

Congratulations, John! The cover tells a story – I love that! All the best on the launch…. 🙂

10. Good luck with the new book. Reading Our Justice at the moment. (Not this very moment!)

1. I get it Wendy. Thank you. 😀

11. Booyah, John! I hope you knock it out of the park. 🎆

12. Already pre-ordered! Enjoying My GRL right now! 🙂

13. D.L Finn, Author · · Reply

Best of luck on launch!

1. Thank you, Michael.

1. Thank you, and have a great sunday! 😉 Michael

2. Thanks. You as well.

14. Congrats, John! I’ll be blogging for you soon!

15. Reblogged this on The Writers Desk and commented:
    Sally Cronin has given us another book recommendation “Circumstances Of Childhood” by John W. Howell. I look forward to reading it already. Pop on over to Amazon to see his works and check out his author page. ☺☺

1. Thank you so much for the reblog.

16. Congrats, John, I’ve grabbed my copy!

1. Super. Thank you. I hope you like it.

17. Reblogged this on Jacquie Biggar- USA Today Best-selling author and commented:
    John W. Howell’s new release, Circumstances of Childhood. A story of #familylife and #Redemption.
    Get your copy today!

1. Thank you, Jacquie. So nice.

18. Congratulations on the launch, John!

19. Sounds good! Congratulations! Waiting for my copy.

20. Congratulations, John. This book sounds really awesome and right in my working field as well.

1. Sounds good, Robbie. Thanks.

21. Woo Hoo! Just ordered my paperback copy! Can’t wait!! 🙂 🙂

1. You’ve made my day.

22. Reblogged this on helenvalentina and commented:
    Woo Hoo! A new John Howell novel! You know that will be too good to miss! Get your copy today! 🙂

1. Thank you for the reblog, Helen.

23. Oh..and the fact there is some paranormal involved….that’s so cool! 🙂

1. I hope you’ll like it.

24. Look at all that love and support! This is what the good guys get. I have you scheduled over at my place too in an attempt to help the train moving for you this month.

1. Thank you, Craig. You comment made me blush.

1. Wow, my work is done here.

25. Congrats John! I love the cover and hope to read the story.

26. Congratulations, John. The introduction sounds interesting.

1. Thank you for the reblog, Adele.

1. My pleasure, John x

27. The character in this excerpt is there for me right away. Great job and I’ll look forward to reading the whole novel.

1. Thank you, Adele. I think you will like him.

28. Reblogged this on BOOK CHAT and commented:
    Congratulations to John Howell on the publication of his latest book, Circumstances of Childhood.

1. Best wishes, John. I’ve added this to my ever tumbling TBR. Looking forward to reading it.

1. I call mine “Mountain High.” Thanks, Michelle.

2. I need a course in speed reading! LOL

2. Thank you for the lovely reblog, Michelle.

1. My pleasure, John.

29. Almost finished – hated to put it down this morning!

1. Wow! I can’t tell you what it means that you like the book, Teri. Big smile here. Hugs to you there. 😀

30. Congratulations, John! Best wishes for continued success! 🙂

1. Thank you, Natalie.

31. Congratulations on your new release, John! I’m sure it will be a fantastic read. It’s on my TBR list on my Kindle. Good luck! 😀 xx

1. Thank you, Vashti.

1. You’re welcome.

32. […] very talented author John W. Howell has just announced the launch of his new book, Circumstances of Childhood. Normally John writes in the Thriller genre, but with this book he has delved into the Family Life […]

33. Good luck with the launch, John. I always take a lesson in using the present tense when I read your stuff. For some reason, I find it difficult to do, but it brings an immediacy to your writing.

1. You will be glad to know the first chapter is in the first person present tense and then moves to a third person narrative before returning to the first person again. Was like putting handcuffs on before swimming in the Iron Man decathlon.

34. Congrats, John. I’m looking forward to the story!

1. Thank you, Audrey.

35. […] back, I did a joint post with author John W. Howell.  He has just launched a wonderful new novel, Circumstances of Childhood.  But it was one of John’s hilarious lists of what not to do gave me the […]

36. I like that you’re off on a tangent congrats, good luck John 🍀

1. Thank you, Charlotte.

Put your favorite fiction or non-fiction in writing. I would love to hear from you

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s