Hello. Today we are going to go out and find a taste of Halloween. Some may say it’s too early, but I can tell you, Lakeway goes all out for Halloween, and to see it all, we will have to make a few trips.
We are being catered by Cafe No Se in Austin. Yes, they have catered to us before, but we all liked their simple menu and terrific food. We also have invited Fleetwood Mac to play.
- avocado toast, soft boiled egg, crème fraîche, arugula, Aleppo carrots
- smoked salmon bagel, salmon, hard-boiled egg, pickled onion, tomato, caper scallion cream cheese, everything bagel
- lemon-ricotta hotcakes, apple-thyme chutney, pecan butter, maple syrup
- café scramble, roasted wild mushrooms, Fresno pepper, spinach, fresh ricotta, sourdough toast
- sweet potato hash, two sunny eggs, crispy pork belly, kimchi, mustard greens, jalapeño, kale
- cowboy breakfast, two sunny eggs, bacon, confit pork, borracho beans, tomato, roasted jalapeño, cilantro butter
Let’s get going.
Let’s start with our old pals, the flamingos. There are orange and black versions.
A cute ceramic pumpkin on the mailbox.
A real pumpkin on the mailbox. Here in Texas, you don’t carve pumpkins until the last minute. The heat causes them to rot quickly.
A Talavera pumpkin is on the mailbox.
You may recognize the hand in this display of gourds.
The mushroom with seasonal enhancements.
Another Talavera ceramic with pumpkin.
A quick nod to the fall.
This ceramic bird looks a little upset. It might be the laughable cape or the construction noise next door. In any case, I took the photo quickly and ran.
A spider octopus or an octopus spider.
An armadillo skeleton who is obviously carrying a grudge. He shoulda have kept off the road.
Ah, a real hairy scary spider. I’ll bet the mailperson loves this.
So there is a taste of Halloween. There is more to come. So for today, sit back and enjoy the food and music. I hope you all have a great week.