Originally posted on December 22, 2015, I think some things in here are good to pay attention to today. I hope you enjoy them.
* * *
This list was inspired by being habitually late for most of life’s events. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Ten Things Not to Wait Until the Last Minute to Do
10 Do not wait until the last minute to get a reservation at the best restaurant. If you do, at best you might want to eat at home. At worst, you could find yourself waiting in the bar until there is no longer a point in eating. (Now you have the problem of getting home)
9 Do not wait until the last minute to see if that formal outfit still fits. If you do, at best, you might be going to the event a little less formal than you planned. At worst, you could find the split rear seam about two minutes after everyone else in the room. (At least, it’s not toilet tissue caught in your underwear.)
8 Do not wait until the last minute to pull the ripcord during that parachute jump. If you do, at best, you may subject yourself to some heart-stopping moments. At worst, you will learn a hard lesson of physics where the acceleration of a falling mass reaches the speed of fifty feet per second per second. (gotta hope you have enough seconds before the ground welcomes you to become one with it.)
7. Do not wait until the last minute to put together a Top Ten list. If you do, at best, you will get to bed way too late. At worst, you will come up with something like that parachute item. ( Have to promise better)
6 Do not wait until the last minute to put the holiday turkey in the oven. If you do, at best dinner will be delayed. At worst, your holiday dinner guests will have unscheduled stops at the ER on their way home. (Next time, you’ll believe that thermometer)
5. Do not wait until the last minute to pay your holiday bills. If you do, at best, you will get the money in before the extra charges. At worst, you realize there are more bills than money, and the finance charges are like an additional car payment. (Maybe you’ll have these paid up by next December)
4. Do not wait until the last minute to give your Christmas list to Santa. If you do, at best, a few of the items on your list will not be available. At worst, Santa may just have to pass by your house since his elves could not make that yellow convertible fast enough. (You could have made it simpler given the lateness of the request)
3. Do not wait until the last minute to make airline reservations to that resort for the holidays. If you do, at best, your room will cost five times that of your neighbor. At worst, your selection will be limited to the Howard Johnson’s on exit 361 of the Long Island Expressway. (There is also an ice storm forecasted.)
2 Do not wait until the last minute to pack for that holiday trip. If you do, at best you will only have to wear everything twice. At worst, you will raise all kinds of questions when you ask the front desk where to buy underwear. ( Just forget the look and get a pair)
1. Do not wait until the last minute to fuel your car for the trip to the airport. If you do, at best, the power failure did not include the gas station at the next exit. At worst, the only gas station open at this hour has a cash-only policy, and the local ATM has just been hauled away by vandals. (Notice how soon the low fuel warning light comes on)