Another Friday here in Shelter in Place Land. The eve of the weekend doesn’t seem so special except for all of you work at homers who come Saturday can finally bake cookies, wash the car, and mow the lawn without guilt. Nothing worse than having that lawnmower noise in the background when the boss calls at 2:00 PM to see how you are doing.
One beautiful thing is when the meeting planner decides to do a face time meeting, all you need is a shirt. You can keep the bottom jammies out of sight.
A question. Is it my imagination or does the FedEx guy stare at the bunny slippers when you answer the door?
So I’ve been working at home since 2012 and have a few tips for those of you who would normally go into work each day.
- Get dressed. It doesn’t matter what you wear just get dressed in something different than what you wore to bed.
- Comb whatever hair you have.
- Shave at least every other day if you would normally do that daily.
- Go outside for at least a half-hour.
- Do not watch TV during the day time.
- Eat three meals a day, not just one long meal.
- Separate work hours from leisure hours.
- Talk to your family before work hours and after work hours. (one bonus is meeting them for lunch which you could rarely do)
- Don’t tell your boss how much you love working from home.
- Do some facetime with work cohorts. It will keep you informed.
Today’s JohnKu talks about our situation, not being unique. There is some comfort in that idea. I hope you all have a great weekend and stay healthy.
Unique by John W. Howell © 2020
The boat is the same,
Everywhere throughout the world. . .
We are together.